SUPERIOR PREMIUM CONNECTION FOR CASING AND TUBING
APPLICATIONS AND BENEFITS
STS GRIFFIN has been designed to run in all environments with standard usage, in critical operating conditions of pressure, temperature and compression and also for directional wells. The design incorporates a metal to metal seal and an internal torque shoulder which ensure sealing under extreme loads. The connection is designed to achieve a gas tight seal under CAL IV testing (100% in compression for tubing and 60% in compression for casing 5” and above).
ISO 13679:2002 ISO CAL IV
The results of testing done by Oil States Industries UK confirm that STS GRIFFIN connection meet the requirements of ISO specifications 13679:2002 CAL IV.
- Hooked thread design with reversed angle
- Increased resistance to compression
- Improved tensile strength
- Accurate power-tight due to the reversed angle torque shoulder
- Smooth internal profile
- Minimized risk of thread jump-out and galling
- Preserving sealing capability after repeated make-up and break-out